TIFF / From The Sky Down

139 replies to this topic

#1 piotrasik

piotrasik

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 801 Postów

Napisano 09 września 2011 - 08:26

Nigdzie nie mogłem znaleźć miejsca w którym można by co nieco napisać o From The Sky Down
wczoraj pojawił się świetny trailer:

http://www.u2.com/news/title/preview-from-the-sky-down

a dziś mamy już mnóstwo zdjęć z Toronto z premiery, co Wy sądzicie o filmie? uważacie że będzie możliwość jego obejrzenia przed premierą super/uber delux boxa reedycji Achtunga? :)

U2 on red carpet in Toronto
bo newsów o nowej produkcji Guggenheim'a będzie coraz więcej.

#2 piotrasik

piotrasik

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 801 Postów

Napisano 09 września 2011 - 10:12

przepraszam że post pod postem, ale nikt nie pisze więc muszę zrobić to sam. oto krótka notka z u2.com o wczorajszych wydarzeniach:

'From The Sky Down opened at the Toronto International Film Festival tonight with hundreds of fans turning up as Bono, Edge and director Davis Guggenheim walked the red carpet.

'Did anyone tell you this was a documentary?' joked the director, before thanking Paul McGuinness, Brian Celler and U2's management team for their commitment to the project.

Davis welcomed Michael Brook, the composer and J Cassidy, editor of the movie, before introducing 'Mr The Edge and Mr The Bono.'

'We're very protective of our privacy and particularly of our creative process,' explained Bono. 'There's an old saying, 'If you knew what went into the sausage you wouldn't eat it..
'The only way we were going to do this was if we could find a director who was as curious about the creative process... we couldn't get Wim Wenders!' he added, to wide applause.

Bono described Davis' enjoyment of esoteric subject matter: 'I mean - who could make a feature length film on guitar players?' (It Might Get Loud, in 2009, starred Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge.)

Edge spoke about Michael Brook and Danny Lanois, describing how shocking it was to look back twenty years 'and see how close our band came to disintegrating.'

'If it was left up to us - it might have had a lot more jokes and a lot more asides. But what Davis has done is remarkable - hope you enjoy the film.'

#3 meHau

meHau

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 468 Postów

Napisano 09 września 2011 - 14:14

Alan Cross, kanadyjski dziennikarz, pisze o swoich odczuciach odnosnie filmu na http://www.alancross...n-a-review.html

Fitting that the 36th annual Toronto International Film Festival opened with a documentary on U2, a band that's celebrating their 36th year together. As the first TIFF was getting underway, the group that would become U2 was having their first rehearsals in the drummer's parents' kitchen.

Few bands make it to their fourth decade. And as Bono says in From the Sky Down, the past can end up becoming a liability. U2 had long ago come to terms with the fact that they're well into middle age as individuals, as a musical entity and as a multinational corporation. As long as they can move forward, they feel okay back looking back.

From the Sky Down--the title is taken from a Joshua Tree-era sequence where Bono explains how songs are born--is director Davis Guggenheim's exploration of the a dark time in the late 80s and early 90s when U2 had lost their way. Their image became confused, their fans began to wonder and the songs had dried up. This is the story of how they stumbled through that tunnel to emerge bigger than ever.

At its heart, it's a study what it means to be in a band--a clan, as the film stress--and how four guys have managed to hold it together since the time they were teenagers.

The film is bookended by shots of the band preparing to go onstage at Glastonbury in June 2011. And while there's lots of extremely cool vintage pictures and archival footage (complete with plenty of bad hair, even on The Edge), the film captures the bands mediation on that make-or-break point in the U2's existence. Much of the discussion comes from a single day at the Burton Cummings Theatre in Winnipeg on May 28 as U2 rehearsals some Achtung Baby material for their Glastonbury appearance.

Some of my favourite sequences involve DAT playbacks of the earliest Achtung Baby sessions at Hansa Studios in Berlin. After weeks of discouraging dead ends, a jam evolves into a song called "Sick Puppy." As they work on that, we hear in real time--with Bono calling out the chord changes to fit whatever melody is coming into his head--"Sick Puppy" begins to resolve into "Mysterious Ways" over the course of just a few minutes. Later, an aborted bridge for that song becomes the basis of "One," watershed moment not only for the sessions and the album, but for the band itself. Watching that sequence--and hearing how these songs were born--is fascinating, even for non-U2 fans.

I like the way Davis Guggenheim handlers his subjects in his interview. It's obvious that U2 trusts him (thanks, probably, to The Edge's involvement in Guggenheim's brilliant This Might Get Loud from 2008)--yet they don't trust him completely. While the movie covers Edge's wrenchingly sad divorce, it almost completely glosses over Adam Clayton's dark period of alcoholism that nearly got him kicked out of the band.

Even so, I learned quite a bit about a band I thought I knew quite well. If you're a fan, you'll dig it. You'll be surprised at hearing U2 voice in their insecurities and fears. You'll see a very pissed-off Bono melt down after something went wrong on stage. The animated sequences are very clever.

And if you're not and you're forced to watch it, you'll at least come out with a new appreciation of what it takes to be U2.

All I want is...U2!!!

#4 piotrasik

piotrasik

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 801 Postów

Napisano 09 września 2011 - 17:04

w naszych mediach też co nieco słychać o otwarciu TIFF'u
tutaj artykuł z gazeta.pl

http://kultura.gazet...al_filmowy.html

#5 Mo.

Mo.

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 914 Postów

Napisano 09 września 2011 - 21:50

[...] dostaniecie dziś sporą porcję kiełbasy [...]
"I will not hear what you have to say

Cause I need freedom now
And I need to know how
To live my life as it's meant to be"

#6 Łukasz U2

Łukasz U2

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 3 501 Postów

Napisano 10 września 2011 - 07:29

"Edge Could You Shut The Fucked Up??....DIING"
No czekam aby obejrzeć ten dokument
Watch more TV
I have a vision... Television
Please tell a President to watch more TV
President is not avalaible to Me??? (Mirror Ball Man Zootv Washington Dc)
http://forum.u2guitartutorials.com/

#7 olekcj111

olekcj111

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 644 Postów

Napisano 10 września 2011 - 18:16

Będzie to w Polsce? W kinach? Kiedy premiera? Nie mogę się doczekać! :D

#8 One_U2 - fan

One_U2 - fan

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 2 857 Postów

Napisano 10 września 2011 - 20:03

http://www.u2valencia.com/ tu trochę foto z premiery
Posted Image

#9 Kajek

Kajek

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 122 Postów

Napisano 10 września 2011 - 20:20

"Film zadebiutuje 29 października na kanale Showtime w Stanach Zjednoczonych. Będzie również dołączony do specjalnego, rocznicowego wydania "Achtung Baby"."

A w Kinie?

#10 olekcj111

olekcj111

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 644 Postów

Napisano 10 września 2011 - 20:24

Kurde... nie stać mnie na boxa z achtunga a to mój ulubiony album... :(

#11 Max

Max

nocny tabaskowicz

• Moderatorzy
  • 9 091 Postów

Napisano 10 września 2011 - 20:28

Szkoda, że nie zrobili filmu dokumentalnego przy okazji reedycji TJT. Chyba Achtunga bardziej cenią:(

#12 One_U2 - fan

One_U2 - fan

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 2 857 Postów

Napisano 10 września 2011 - 20:32

A w Kinie?

chyba jeszcze nikt nie wie nic na ten temat. Musimy czekać.
Posted Image

#13 piotrasik

piotrasik

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 801 Postów

Napisano 10 września 2011 - 20:55

Bono & Edge Pressekonferenz in Toronto: From The Sky Down

#14 Mo.

Mo.

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 914 Postów

Napisano 12 września 2011 - 13:50

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
"I will not hear what you have to say

Cause I need freedom now
And I need to know how
To live my life as it's meant to be"

#15 piotrasik

piotrasik

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 801 Postów

Napisano 12 września 2011 - 15:13

jaramy się!

#16 One_U2 - fan

One_U2 - fan

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 2 857 Postów

Napisano 16 września 2011 - 08:01

http://insidemovies....s-transcendent/

gazeta.pl Święto filmu w rytmie rocka
http://kultura.gazet...al_filmowy.html
Posted Image

#17 olekcj111

olekcj111

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 644 Postów

Napisano 26 września 2011 - 20:46

Jakie jest prawdopodobieństwo że limited edition Achtung Baby potanieje po premierze?

#18 Dudzio

Dudzio

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 616 Postów

Napisano 27 września 2011 - 09:18

Czy ktoś z "naszych" już widział ten dokument?

#19 Max

Max

nocny tabaskowicz

• Moderatorzy
  • 9 091 Postów

Napisano 03 października 2011 - 18:19

From the Sky Down's worldwide television premiere is less than two weeks away! BBC One viewers will be able to watch it on October 9. The viewing schedule is as follows:

10:25 p.m. - except Northern Ireland and Wales
10:45 p.m. - Northern Ireland only
11:10 p.m. - Wales only

As they said back in the day, "Watch More TV!"

#20 andie

andie

(not) original of the species

• Moderatorzy
  • 5 687 Postów

Napisano 13 października 2011 - 16:12

One z From The Sky Down:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DybqpeO9Bgg