Skocz do zawartości

Zdjęcie

Get On Your Boots

1193 replies to this topic

Ankieta: goyb clip survey (146 użytkowników oddało głos)

Na ile oceniasz klip teledysk do Get On Your Boots?

1. 10 (52 głosów [35.62%])

Procent z głosów: 35.62%

2. 9 (27 głosów [18.49%])

Procent z głosów: 18.49%

3. 8 (25 głosów [17.12%])

Procent z głosów: 17.12%

4. 7 (14 głosów [9.59%])

Procent z głosów: 9.59%

5. 6 (8 głosów [5.48%])

Procent z głosów: 5.48%

6. 5 (6 głosów [4.11%])

Procent z głosów: 4.11%

7. 4 (5 głosów [3.42%])

Procent z głosów: 3.42%

8. 3 (4 głosów [2.74%])

Procent z głosów: 2.74%

9. 2 (0 głosów [0.00%])

Procent z głosów: 0.00%

10. 1 (5 głosów [3.42%])

Procent z głosów: 3.42%

Głosuj Goście nie mogą oddawać głosów

#1 chrapcio

chrapcio

Użytkownik

• Moderatorzy
  • 1 938 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 11:27

Alan Cross trochę szerzej o Get On Your Boots (pogrubione)

"Get On Your Boots” – A First Listen
Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Got it. 3pm?"

That was all, Paul, the record rep from Universal and fellow U2 fan, had to say. A highly-encrypted, heavily watermarked digital copy of the first single from No Line on the Horizon had arrived in Canada.

For the last 20-plus years, a first listen to anything from a U2 album has always been surrounded by much ritual and security. The first place I got to hear The Joshua Tree in 1987 was at the now defunct McLaughlin Planetarium in Toronto.

As the opening drone of “Where the Streets Have No Name Swelled,” the lights went down and the stars came out. When the Edge’s guitar began to chime, the whole sky started to rotate. It was a spectacular introduction to what would become a career-defining introduction.

Achtung Baby was a more low-key affair with a record company representative came in and played it for everyone—but not before we are treated to pizza and beer. “The Fly” kind of confused us at first.

This was the same band that gave us The Joshua Tree? What’s with all these new sounds? It took a little while to get used to this version of U2, but now many (including me) believe that Achtung remains the band’s best record.

Zooropa arrived with no notice whatsoever. It just…showed up on day in May 1993. Bands and labels could pull those kinds of surprises before the Internet. Funny that I can’t remember the first single. I think it was “Numb,” but I’m not sure.

The unveiling of Pop was a much bigger deal with a satellite-delivered press conference from (of all places) a K-Mart in NYC. But all the hype couldn’t convince us that “Discotheque” was what all had been waiting for.

U2 fans hoped that there’d be something better on the album. There wasn’t. At least the PopMart tour was interesting.

Just after Labour Day 2000, Paul brought in “Beautiful Day” from All That You Can’t Leave Behind on a CD-R, something that was still kind of new. I remember being relieved that U2 had decided to sound like U2 again.

I didn’t like “Vertigo” the first time I heard it. It was late August 2004 and Paul brought the CD-R to an industry golf tournament. He made me wait all eighteen holes before we sat in my car and listened to the song four times in a row.

It took another month before I began to get it. It’s now one of my three all-time U2 favourites (for the record, the other two are “Zoo Station” from Achtung Baby and the live version of “Bad” from Wide Awake in America. The long version of “All I Want Is You” and “40” aren’t bad, either.)

Now it was time to hear where the band was going in Year 33 (!!!) of their career.

Paul showed up in the office holding an unassuming, unlabeled CD-R at 3:01. By 3:04, we had all heard the first sample of U2 v2009.

I only got to hear “Get On Your Boots” (NOT “Sexy Boots” or “Get Your Boots On,” as reported earlier) so forgive the lack of detail. But here’s what I can tell you:

There are some new sounds that could only come from an Eno/Lanois production, which left me with a feeling similar to what I experienced when I heard “The Fly” for the first time.

This is NOT a back-to-basics guitar/bass/drums track like “Vertigo” or even “Beautiful Day.” There’s some definite sonic evolution going on here.

It does rock. To find the last time a first single was a ballad, you have to go all the way back to “With Or Without You.” That worked out all right, but I can’t imagine U2 doing that again in the prevailing musical environment.

Bono manages to rhyme “submarine” with “gasoline” and says something about “don’t talk to me about the state of nations.”

There’s a portion of the melody that somehow reminds me of the cadence of the verses in Elvis Costello’s “Pump It Up,” but as I write this, I’m not completely sure. Still, part of the song reminded me of…something else.

Did I like it? I didn’t hate it—but I need to hear it more before I really make up my mind about what I think about….anything to do with the song.

Like so many U2 songs—especially ones produced by an Eno/Lanois/Lilywhite nexus—it’s filled with far more subtleties and complexities that anyone can hear with one listen. I need to examine it, ponder upon it and otherwise live with it.

But that’s the cool thing about U2. There’s just so much THERE there that it can take a while to sort through it all. Suffice it to say, however, that if you’re a U2 fan, you’ll be pleased.

If the song isn’t on the radio by the end of this week, I’ll be shocked.

I first heard bits of “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb” from a broadcast on a Croatian radio station. There was a leak at the record pressing plant and somehow this dude got himself a big scoop.

Tomorrow, I’ll tell you why that was a dumb, dumb move.

Użytkownik acr edytował ten post 30 stycznia 2009 - 14:34

ciuch ciuch!

Chrapcio7 on Last.FM

#2 Max

Max

nocny tabaskowicz

• Moderatorzy
  • 9 091 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 11:35

This is NOT a back-to-basics guitar/bass/drums track like “Vertigo” or even “Beautiful Day.” There’s some definite sonic evolution going on here.

W zasadzie to zdanie mnie cieszy najbardziej.

#3 Atomic_Mario

Atomic_Mario

Użytkownik

• Members2
  • 5 734 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 11:43

W zasadzie to zdanie mnie cieszy najbardziej.

Mnie najbardziej cieszy to zdanie w zestawieniu z tym:

If the song isn’t on the radio by the end of this week, I’ll be shocked.

;)
Dołączona grafika

#4 Daniel84

Daniel84

• Members
  • 3 657 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 11:44

Zdecydowanie się zgadzam. Garść bardzo optymistycznych tekstów.

#5 Jacek

Jacek

Użytkownik

• Jacek
  • 2 404 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 12:22

There are some new sounds that could only come from an Eno/Lanois production, which left me with a feeling similar to what I experienced when I heard “The Fly” for the first time.

If the song isn’t on the radio by the end of this week, I’ll be shocked.[/b]

Jeżeli to prawda to....będzie gites singiel. (No i to porównanie do The Fly.... ) Ale póki nie usłyszę to nie uwierzę :P
<p><strong><em>.....ale takie dąsy i fochy i smutki to wszystko cena miłości - jak śpiewa ten staruch w świecącej kurtce......</em></strong></p>

#6 Zigy Stardust

Zigy Stardust

senior forumowy

• Members
  • 1 570 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 14:00

informacje od tego pana są mocno budujące :rolleyes:

#7 Atomic_Mario

Atomic_Mario

Użytkownik

• Members2
  • 5 734 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 16:24

U2.com milczy na temat pierwszego singla a tymczasem oficjalna strona BRIT Awards informuje, że 18 lutego b.r. na kolejnej edycji rozdania tych nagród wystąpi na żywo U2, które zagra swój nowy singiel "Get On Your Boots".

http://www.brits.co.uk/
Dołączona grafika

#8 madeinpoland

madeinpoland

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 994 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 21:09

Jest jakieś prawdopodobieństwo premiery singla u Kaczkowskiego w Mini-maxie w niedzielę 18 stycznia?
Dołączona grafika

#9 Lmollu

Lmollu

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 1 003 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 21:13

Jestem przekonany, że nie będziemy musieli czekać do poniedziałku. Ktoś nie wytrzyma i to puści!

#10 MartinTexas

MartinTexas

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 2 593 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 22:11

Jest jakieś prawdopodobieństwo premiery singla u Kaczkowskiego w Mini-maxie w niedzielę 18 stycznia?

Tak jak pisałem, szansa jest, bo to na dzień (wieczór) przed "planowaną" premierą, tym bardziej, że już go zagrają na żywo, to czemu by w radiu nie miał lecieć? :rolleyes: Tyle, że nie wiemy jak jest rozdysponowany do stacji radiowych, jeśli np. zabezpieczony hasłem to dopiero gdy z wydawnictwa je dostaną, będą mogli singiel puścić, wcześniej nic...

Zobaczymy czy coś puści, liczę na to, ale jeśli on będzie mógł to oznacza, że i w innych stacjach będą mogli...
Chyba stare dobre lata się skończyły, nikt nie puści przedpremierowo. <_<

PS Jeśli na DVD z Limited Box będzie muzyka/wideo z jakimiś numerami, coś Live Studio to można na pewno liczyć na lepszą jakość w porónaniu z filmem, który będzie można ściągnąć (no chyba, że dadzą opcję HQ), ale jeśli to tylko dokument o tworzeniu albumu to tu nawet Anton nie pomoże. <_<

#11 ZBYCH

ZBYCH

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 486 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 22:59

http://u2valencia.co...eu2valencia.jpg
19.1 g. 9:15 :)

pewnie u nas bedzie Eska Rock... czekam na cynka.

#12 marcin93

marcin93

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 1 570 Postów

Napisano 12 stycznia 2009 - 23:57

19.1 g. 9:15 :)

Git, majonez!
Kto ma wtedy wolne? :D
...a oto mój fejs, flykr i elitarny lans.efę!

#13 Daniel84

Daniel84

• Members
  • 3 657 Postów

Napisano 13 stycznia 2009 - 11:03

Fanning odpowiedział jakiemuś fanowi z Interference, co następuje:

Mark,

The new U2 single goes to radio next Monday around 8:30am . I'll be playing it before anyone else so if you want the world exclusive first play, check out the Breakfast Show on RTE 2FM Monday morning (Jan 19th.) at about 8:05am Irish time. Thanks,

Dave

Oczywiście liczę, że ktoś wyprzedzi sympatycznego pana prezentera.

Ponadto, również na forum Interference, jakaś osoba twierdzi, że również doznała zaszczytu przesłuchania GOYB. Miejmy nadzieję, że nie jest to żart ani kłamstwo, gdyż opinia jest bardzo pozytywna:

I found myself in a situation very much like Alan Cross this morning, so I composed my thoughts for The Blue Crackheads after hearing the song twice.

God bless 'em, it opens with a drum fill, not unlike "Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn & John, and then we're on our way. The signature riff is muscular and catchy in the "Vertigo" vein, with a rapid fire vocal pattern. I read a Alan Cross' blog this morning that compared the verses to "Pump It Up" by Elvis Costello, and I can't say I disagree with that. It's evocative but I wouldn't call it a rip-off. The chorus goes all middle eastern with Bono singing "You don't know how beautiful you are". There's a half-tempo breakdown/bridge with a processed drum loop that I cannot wait to hear in a stadium. It's like John Bonham playing on a Massive Attack song before the song lurches back into the main riff for another verse and chorus. And then before you know it, it's all over. It feels like a dense 7 minute epic crammed into about 3 and a half minutes.

The single most striking thing about this song for me are the drums. Or at least I think they're drums! I've never heard so many layers of rhythm on a U2 song. There are a lot of very processed drums (I thought of Kasabian at one point and N*E*R*D* at another) and loops going on, coming in and out of the mix and then at points it goes back to traditional sounding drums for emphasis. It's extremely tasteful, but complex enough to make my head spin. And I have no idea how I'm gonna manage to pull it off when my band learns it, so stay tuned for some comedy while I work that business out.

Anyway, this is NOT U2 by the numbers. This is not a "return to form" or "back to basics". This is, what the kids like to call, some OTHER shit. The 21st Century version of U2 is finally here. And they aren't looking back to their own catalog for inspiration anymore if this song is any indication.

PS. Czy nie czas już na wydzielenie wątku o GOYB?

#14 Pyza U2

Pyza U2

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 932 Postów

Napisano 13 stycznia 2009 - 11:21

Mark,

The new U2 single goes to radio next Monday around 8:30am . I'll be playing it before anyone else so if you want the world exclusive first play, check out the Breakfast Show on RTE 2FM Monday morning (Jan 19th.) at about 8:05am Irish time. Thanks,

Dave

Można te radio przez sieć w jakiś sposób odebrać?
''Beautiful Country Beautiful Day'' - Bono 5.07 2005 !

#15 Daniel84

Daniel84

• Members
  • 3 657 Postów

Napisano 13 stycznia 2009 - 11:26

Można te radio przez sieć w jakiś sposób odebrać?

http://www.rte.ie/ra...radio/0304.smil

Należy po prawej stronie wybrać RTE 2 FM.

#16 U2roopa

U2roopa

Użytkownik

• Root Admin
  • 6 527 Postów

Napisano 14 stycznia 2009 - 02:34

Zgodnie z prośbą, o "Get On Your Boots" piszemy teraz tutaj.

#17 Guest_depe_*

Guest_depe_*
  • Guests

Napisano 14 stycznia 2009 - 18:51

http://www.atu2.com/ zapowiada premierę Get On You Boots na 19.01
Dave Fanning ma zaprezentować to nagranie w programie 'Colm and Jim Jim's morning show' zaraz po wiadomościach (9:00 naszego czasu)
@u2 przypomina również, że Live stream radia 2fm jest dostępny w necie jednakowoż stream ten był wyłączony podczas premiery singla Vertigo..
Czy tak będzie i tym razem..?

#18 Guest_VeRTi-go_*

Guest_VeRTi-go_*
  • Guests

Napisano 14 stycznia 2009 - 20:22

przypomina równierz,

"RÓWNIEŻ"
Stoję na straży poprawnej polszczyzny :D

#19 Guest_depe_*

Guest_depe_*
  • Guests

Napisano 15 stycznia 2009 - 03:15

Zapowiedź premiery GOYB w RTE 2fm:

http://www.youtube.c...v=aCGh2ZsBZTw

#20 bebok

bebok

Użytkownik

• Members
  • 265 Postów

Napisano 15 stycznia 2009 - 07:23

Wiadomo kiedy singla będzie można kupić w sklepach?

Dodaj odpowiedź

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 0

0 użytkowników, 0 gości, 0 anonimowych